Utah College and Career Readiness School Counseling Program:
K-12 Programs strive to have every student in the state of Utah graduate from high school with the skills, knowledge and dispositions essential for success.
- All students can succeed at high levels if given sufficient support.
- We value diversity.
- All students should receive a quality education for the development of the whole child.
- All students should have access to the skills, knowledge, and dispositions provided by school counseling professionals.
- All students should graduate with lifelong career decision making and management skills that are necessary to succeed in postsecondary education, training, and the workplace.
A school counseling program is:
- Comprehensive in scope
- Preventative in design
- Developmental in nature
- Student centered
- Conducted in collaboration
- Driven by data
- An integral part of the total education program